Live streaming is considered one of the highly prevalent kinds of online content. The noteworthy thing is it is expanding steadily recently. Since the 1990s, live streaming has covered a long distance as it has shifted from niche webcasts that only some people watched to an industry of multi-billion-dollar. So, needless to say, lots of people from all across the globe wish to get hitched to live streaming.
Though people continue to see live streaming all the time and some of them have got their preferred streamers too to whom they tune into regularly. At times, the thought to start a live stream turns out to be a daunting process for people. And so, they begin with the guide that shows step-by-step guidance to live streaming. A few people go ahead and follow the Shroud’s streaming setup too. Mike “Shroud” Grzesiek is a retired Cloud9 CS:GO specialized eSports player who has transformed into streaming on the streaming platform of Twitch.
Components you need for live streaming
- A webcam – People tune into live streams to see other people doing the acts and so, they need an ideal webcam. This will help them in doing that. People do not mind paying for the high-quality webcam to get a real feel of the game and it can be anything like celebrating a victory, throwing a rage fit, or getting engaged with viewers.
- DSLR – If you do not wish to use a webcam, you can use a digital camera or a DSLR. When you go for a plug-and-play capture then you can change your DSLR camera into a high-quality webcam and it means you will be capable of presenting better images online at the time of streaming.
- Ideal lighting – It’s no use spending lots of money on a costly camera when your lighting is poor. When there is good lighting then it will ensure a steady webcam feed and it will look professional. Additionally, it will help viewers in seeing the ongoings.
- A high-quality pre-amp set and microphone – Streaming does not remain confined to watching only and so, streamers get a superb mic for talking to and getting engaged to their audiences for having gaming magic. Every streamer needs to have a good quality mic which would block out the surrounding noises and it must sound great too.
Getting prepared for live stream
Some preparations that you need to do for live streaming are:
- Plan – When you wish other people to have a close eye on your stream then you must go live. You must schedule your live stream so that it fits your audience well.
- Discovering your niche – You must be very careful regarding the topic of your live stream. There are many well-known niches of live streaming and you can accommodate your content into any one of them, like sports, music, e-commerce, IRL, and gaming.
- Set goals – It’s great if you manage to have Shroud’s streaming setup but the most important thing is you must choose your goals beforehand. This is especially important when you happen to be in unfamiliar region.